Sunday, September 30, 2012

BEAUTIFUL THINGS-Painting the Door

My thoughts painting the door were that it is like Jesus clothing us with His righteousness. It is not a covering up of who we are which is what we try to do when we paint ourselves. We choose colors that others approve of and layer it on so thickly that no one can see who we are or who God is through us. 

My plan in stripping it down to the bare wood is so that when I painted right on top of it not only would it be smoother but the grains would show up especially through the tree area.

When God clothes us it is perfect, it is who we are meant to be and He never makes a mistake. We are who we are and God loves that. It is a lesson I find Him showing me over and over. I am not the best student. I let myself be myself but then, after, I worry that people think I am unqualified, nerdy, etc. because of something I said or did. That is the part that God has to work on with me. Emily, "Luke 12:25 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his  span of life?" 

And when we are clothed in his righteousness we are ready for display. The display of God and His glory to those who most need it.



Psalm 132:9
Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness; and let thy saints shout for joy.


Revelation 1:5,6
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Isaiah 61:10
I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

No comments:

Follow me on Twitter