Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Little Man's Birthday Cake


So, yes, it is another recipe post but this seems to be the easiest option when you are about a month away from delivering a baby but you want to put something out there on your blog. Besides this turned out way more delicious than I even thought it would be.

I have to admit that when I looked up this recipe I typed in "Vanilla Bean Cake" because I thought it would be extra Vanilla-y if it was made from Vanilla Beans. I wasn't looking for a gluten free cake or anything but I got one and all the sweetening was natural and good for you. Nothing with Vanilla Beans came up in the search and  I found them too expensive anyway. So, I thought I would give this cake made with white beans a whirl.

My son asked for "Manilla" cake for his birthday and he loved it. My dad ate four pieces of the cake (but he still doesn't know what it was made out of) and everyone else finished their's off. So here is the recipe. I altered it quite a bit from the original source:

"Manilla" Cake:

Add to blender (or food processor):

3 Cups of ....cooked white beans, pureed (I used dry White Northern Beans, soaked and then cooked them) let them cool to room temperature so that they do not cook the eggs.

9 eggs

1.5 T Lemon Juice

2 T Vanilla extract

1/2 cup of honey

Puree well.


THEN ADD:

3 T Agave Nectar
3/8 cup of Coconut oil
1/2 cup flax seed meal
 1/2 t sea salt
1.5 t baking soda
2 t baking powder

Puree well

Pour into a 9 x 13 and bake at 325 for 55-60 minutes.

"Manilla" Frosting ( I did a very thin coating)

Melt 1/2 cup of White Chocolate Chips
Dash of Vanilla Extract
A little Heavy Cream
A teaspoon of butter
Whip it with an egg beater and then spread on the cake.




No comments:

Follow me on Twitter