Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Roots

This weekend I went to Lafayette, Louisiana. We had a get together at my Uncle David's house and his place was filled with happy chatting, laughter, and gumbo. Mixed together it was an absolutely wonderful weekend. The party consisted of all of my aunts and uncles on my mom's side of the family and most of my cousins. My mom has two sisters and three brothers. One of those sisters passed away about ten years ago. I have eight cousins on my mom's side. Five of them were there. I don't remember everything we talked about. We watched football. Sentences ended with "Shah" a lot. Talk of music ran through our conversation and floated in the air. I left remembering that I have some interesting, intelligent, creative blood running through my veins. It made me happy. My roots soaked up refreshing water and my limbs feel like they are budding new flowers.

1 comment:

bwallace said...

good seeing you this weekend cuz. wish we would have had more time to hang out with all of y'all. if you're bored, you can check out our recently created pregnancy blog. www.cajunbabywallace.blogspot.com

we'll be putting pics up every once in a while, especially after the baby is born.

Follow me on Twitter