Sunday, September 9, 2012

An observation


There was some Disney movie on the other night when I was working out and as I started to listen to the lyrics to the song the girl was singing I was sort of bothered by them. I could understand if she meant to say that you shouldn't rely on what others think of you. It was more the usage of "bless, justify, and save" that bothered me. Also the fact that you should look to yourself. If yourself is messed up, how is that going to save you?

 "You can bless yourself
There's no need for someone else
There's no one to blame
There's no one to save you but yourself
I can bless myself
There's no need for someone's help
There's no one to blame
There's no one to save you but yourself
I can justify all the mistakes in my life
It's taught me to be, it's givin' me me
And I'll survive
'Cause I have blessed myself.
I will survive
'Cause I have blessed myself." (Lucy Hale)

No comments:

Follow me on Twitter